Android App Development
The module will provide students with hands-on experience in developing interesting Android applications. From introducing fundamental computer science concepts, applying Design Thinking process, students learn to think through algorithms, decompose problems and formulating multiple solutions.MIT App Inventor and Thunkable will be used in the learning. These are blocks-based programming tools that allow everyone, to start programming and build fully functional apps for Android devices. Students are encouraged to use their own Android devices for hands-on testing and further development.
Watch Android App Development module snippets!
Explorer Program offers a vigorous, multi semester curriculum that is catered for students to dive into the world of computer science and software development.
Strong Foundation on Concepts
Our program emphasizes technological concepts, laying a solid foundation of such from a young age, students can apply computational thinking skills to unravel problems in several facets of their lives.
From mobile applications development to internet frameworks, Codingzen get their hands on the latest technologies that are used by industry professionals in technology companies and startups.
- Prerequisites: Prior coding experience (Scratch or otherwise)
- Programme runs throughout the year with several batches starting at various dates
- 24 weekly classes per module, each class is 2 hours long
- Maximum batch size upto 5 students per faculty for online classes
- Exclusive invite to special one-off workshops
- Semester, individual feedback from instructor
- Regular one-on-one parent teacher conference
- End of term module completion certificate & performance awards
Most 12-year-olds love playing videogames — Thomas Suarez taught himself how to create them. Though Thomas started on Ios, the video has been shared for motivational factor.
Thanks to TED Talks for the this. Video owned by Ted Talks
5:1 Ratio Guarantee
CodingZen believes in creating a personal bond with the student. We work as much as coach to the students as we are teachers and facilitators. By having a small class, each student benefits from maximum attention from faculty, while learning from peers in a group setting.
We have designed our modules such that the students learn at their own pace. The curriculum of each module is level-based, meaning that every student can learn at their own appropriate pace.
Hands-on Project-based Learning
CodingZen believes in experimental learning, hands-on creation and lots of fun
- Introduction to App Inventor
- Android App and its elements
- Exploring different Android App Development Tools
- Installation of App Inventor
- Understanding the working of MIT App Inventor
- Working with the Basic Components
- Working with Advanced Components
- Notifier Component
- Image Picker Component
- Web Component
- Speech Recognizer Component
- Orientation Sensor Component
- Hosting Your Own Tiny Web Database
- Speech Recognizer & Text to Speech
- First App – If you can Guess the number!!
- Second App – Canvas Doodle!!
- Third App – Dolphin and the enemy!!
- Fourth App – Text Message App
- Fifth App – Quiz App
- Sixth App – Bluetooth Chat
* content gets updated regularly
Getting Your App to the Market
- Introduction to the Android Market
- Uploading Your First App
“I have always been interested in technology. It always intrigued me. CodingZen helped me learning the technology in a simple way.
Thank You CodingZen!”
Tanay, Class 7
Sanskriti School, ChanakyaPuri
“I consider myself lucky to have found CodingZen as a guiding institution for my almost 12 years old kid, who wanted to learn everything his way! I enrolled him to App building module of CodingZen. Thanks to all the teachers at CodingZen for paying detailed attention to him. Surprisingly Hrishaan’s started to enjoy learning new things. I, myself, learned a lot and still learning from CodingZen with my son Thanks!”
Sanvi Jain, Parent of Hrishaan Jain
“Teacher are really supportive and helped me clearing my concepts and implementing my own thinking into code”
Kahini, Class 5
Step by Step School
Tracked App developed by Shruti, Class IX, Springdales School, New Delhi. This is an explainer video for the App, which tracks the bus location and provides real time information to the parents. This App was made in MIT App Inventor.
Learning Pathway Post This Module?
Similar to learning any other language, technology learning happens through an continual, immersive commitment. CodingZen offers multi year curriculum right from young ones to high school students that allows to deepen and broaden their knowledge in computer science, hardware and software development.
Student can choose to deep dive in next level of Android App Development covering Android Studio with Java OR continue in the Learner Program to get 360° view.