CODINGZEN HACKATHON 2021
A Student Event to Learn and Code while Having Fun
Enjoy the sheer fun of coding in a gaming environment along with peers and friends
CodingZen has always strived to make coding engaging with innovative learning solutions to help students build a better future. Be it for our students or society, we have envisioned ourselves to serve better with cutting-edge technology teaching content and relevant solutions for society. For the first time, we, CodingZen Academy India, are collaborating with leading experts in coding world to launch the Hackathon that is aimed to spark the imagination of students and help them shine among other top schools students.
If you are a technology enthusiast and have the zeal to make a difference, here is your chance to showcase your tech-prowess in this virtual hackathon challenge. And what makes it even more exciting is that this time we are coding for all age groups, across all territories and all major module study groups. We have some fabulous prizes to be won too, so join the HACKING Spree and register today.
STARTS ON: 11 April , 2021 08:00 AM IST
CLOSES ON: 26 April 2021 11:55 PM IST
Last date for Registration : 04 April 2021
Round 1 : 11 April 2021
Round 2: 18 April 2021
Round 3: 25 April 2021
Validation : Week starting 25 April 2021
Results : 02 May 2021
Web Development I: HTML & CSS
We have exciting prizes to give away! The below is for each subject Category
- Winner: Amazon Voucher worth INR 3000
- 1st and 2nd Runner up: CodingZen 1:1 Class Hours Voucher worth INR 2100
- Certificates for Participants and Shortlisted Students
“HACKATHON’s are where your Crazy Ideas become Reality”
Alex Kern, Hacker
- This contest is open to all the past and present students of CodingZen, be it in India or abroad. Outside participants not allowed in this Hackathon.
- Each student would work individually and NOT in a team format. This Hackathon is to showcase your skills at individual level.
Hackathon Challenge Format
- The Hackathon is entirely online, and not at any specific physical location.
- Online Registration – Register for this hackathon
- Round 1 – MCQ as the first round of shortlisting
- Round 2 Prelims – Shortlisted students from Round 1 will undergo a programming based coding round.
- Round 3 – Grand Finale: Final shortlisted students from round 2 will complete for the championships. They will need to submit one coding project in the subject of their choice.
- Validation: Your submissions will be evaluated and selected students will be asked to give an online demo of their submission to Jury. Top winners will be finalized from this.
- Results : Announcement of Final Results
“As a Quick route to innovation, Hackathons are intensely focused , creative and collaborative”
Rules of Participation:
- Only students of CodingZen can participate in this championship.
- Participants can choose max TWO subjects according to their area of interest
- Questions will be based on the coding language selected by the student during registration.
- Once registered, students would be admitted to Hackathon Google Classroom, wherein link for the exam will be posted, notifications given and for each round shortlisted students details will be announced
- Please download Google Classroom App ( iOS or Android ) on your mobile for a quicker info dissemination.
- During the qualifying round, if any student is found cheating, taking any assistance, or doing any malpractice, the student will be disqualified from competition.
- Make sure the form is submitted on time otherwise the student will be disqualified.
- Each student has only one attempt to submit their work for each round.
- Round 1 – consist of multiple choice questions (MCQs), in a time bound manner.
- Round 2 – requires completion of coding programming questions.
- Round 3– require project submission where shortlisted students from qualifying round have to submit their coding project, through CodingZen Google Classroom portal.
Terms and Conditions:
“CodingZen Hackathon” ” (“Contest”) is organized, conducted and sponsored by CodingZen Academy (“Organizer/CodingZen”) and shall be open for registrations and participation from 04 April, 2021 to 02 May, 2021 (“Contest Period”).
- This Contest is open to all the existing and prior students of CodingZen in India and abroad at the time of registration.
- The right to permit or restrict participation is at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- Entries will be invited through an online entry/ registration form as available on https://www.codingzen.in/hackathon2021/
- All Idea/entries presented must be original work, the ownership and all intellectual property rights in the same must belong to the participant.
- Any incomplete/inaccurate entries or entries received after the Entry Period shall be invalid and any entry after the close of Entry Period may be permitted only at the discretion of Organizer.
- The participants have to participate as an individual and not as team
- The Contest will be conducted in three rounds scheduled over a period of 4 weeks tentatively.
- Evaluations & Shortlisting for Round 3 will be done by CodingZen jury team. The decision of the above short-listing is binding and final on all participants.
- Organizer has the right to substantiate/audit/verify the participants’ details/information as provided in the entry form or Organizer may seek any further document, as may be required to verify the participants’ details/ information. If such a request is made and the participant either fails or does not agree to provide the same, then the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the participant from participation for the Contest.
- Determination of whether information is correct or not, rests with Organizer.
- If at any time, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the participant will be disqualified for the participation for the Contest.
- Evaluation: The submissions received in the online round will be screened by the Organizer and scored by a panel of experts on the basis of originality of the idea, technical efficiency, architecture and user experience.
- Organizer will use a third-party platform hackerank.com https://classroom.google.com/ and to conduct the online Contest and it will not be responsible for the content, service and access lapses, technical glitches, or any other issues associated with this third-party platform.
- The finalists and/or winners may get coverage on social media or traditional media channels as part of the promotional activities done by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify the start date and end date of the Contest; add or remove additional deadlines related to the Contest and such changes are communicated through the Contest website only, as afore mentioned.